BD BBL Taxo P Sensitivity Disc Optochin 5.0 µg - 231554
New Year Discount: Use code FALL5 for 5% OFF Total Purchase
Free Shipping Orders Over $100
Most Items Ship in 1-2 Business Days
Questions? Speak with a specialist!
Chat with us!
This item requires 3-5 Business Days to process and prepare for shipping.
- Taxo P Discs are recommended for use in the presumptive identification of pneumococci
- Taxo P Discs are impregnated with ethylhydrocupreine hydrochloride (optochin)
- The growth of pneumococci, but not of other streptococci, is markedly inhibited by this chemical
- Pneumococci may, therefore, be differentiated from other alpha-hemolytic streptococci by the formation of a zone of inhibition around a Taxo P disc placed on a blood agar plate heavily inoculated with a pure culture suspected to be Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Taxo P Discs are 6 mm discs made from high quality absorbent paper impregnated with approximately 5.0 µg of ethylhydrocupreine hydrochloride per disc
Stock # : 29329
Manufacturer # : 231048
Brand : BBL Taxo P
Manufacturer : BD
Antimicrobial Agent : Optochin
Application : Sensitivity Disc
Code : P
Disc Potency : 5.0 µg
Disc Size : 6 mm
Number of Discs : 50 Discs / Cartridge
Storage Requirements : Requires Refrigeration
UNSPSC Code : 41116131
This is a refrigerated item and will not be shipped on Fridays. Extra shipping charges may apply if overnight air shipping is required.