BD BD BBL Prepared Media CDC Anaerobe 5% Sheep Blood Agar Plate - 221733
New Year Discount: Use code FALL5 for 5% OFF Total Purchase
Free Shipping Orders Over $100
Most Items Ship in 1-2 Business Days
Questions? Speak with a specialist!
Chat with us!
This item requires 3-5 Business Days to process and prepare for shipping.
Cultivation or Test Type: Isolation and Cultivation of Fastidious and Slow Growing, Aerobic, Facultatively Anaerobic and Microaerophilic Bacteria | Type: CDC Anaerobe 5% Sheep Blood Agar
- The medium employs trypticase soy agar supplemented with additional agar, yeast extract, vitamin k1, hemin, cystine and 5% sheep blood
- The isolation of obligately anaerobic bacteria from clinical and nonclinical materials requires the use of selective, nonselective and enrichment media
- The choice of media to be employed is based upon the type of material and the results of direct microscopic observation
- Nonselective media are used to isolate organisms present in low numbers and to provide an indication of the numbers and types of organisms present in the specimen or sample
- Selective media are employed to facilitate recovery of the desired organisms present in mixed populations
Stock # : 113248
Manufacturer # : 221733
Brand : BD BBL
Manufacturer : BD
Application : Prepared Media
Cultivation or Test Type : Isolation and Cultivation of Fastidious and Slow Growing, Aerobic, Facultatively Anaerobic and Microaerophilic Bacteria
Format : Plate
Storage Requirements : Requires Refrigeration
Type : CDC Anaerobe 5% Sheep Blood Agar
UNSPSC Code : 41106200
This is a refrigerated item and will not be shipped on Fridays. Extra shipping charges may apply if overnight air shipping is required.