BD BD BBL Reagent Dropper Desoxycholate 0.5 mL - 261183
Out of stock
New Year Discount: Use code FALL5 for 5% OFF Total Purchase
Free Shipping Orders Over $100
Most Items Ship in 1-2 Business Days
Questions? Speak with a specialist!
Chat with us!
This item requires 3-5 Business Days to process and prepare for shipping.
- Sodium desoxycholate is a salt of purified bile acid and can be used in lower concentrations than other salts of bile acids, avoid contact with the skin. rinse thoroughly with water if spilled.
- It is soluble in water and lyses pneumococcal cells treated with a 10% solution, positive (streptococcus pneumoniae ATCC 6303) and negative (enterococcus faecalis ATCC 29212) controls should be run simultaneously with the organism to be tested.
- The bile solubility test may be performed by adding the sodium desoxycholate solution to a cell suspension or directly to colonies on a blood agar plate,
- Desoxycholate reagent droppers are used for the presumptive differentiation of pneumococci from other gram-positive cocci by the bile solubility test.
- Each dropper is good for one day's use after ampule has been broken
- 50 per Pack
Stock # : 513366
Manufacturer # : 261183
Brand : BD BBL
Manufacturer : BD
Application : Reagent Dropper
Container Type : Dropper Ampule
For Use With : For Bile Solubility Test
Format : Liquid
Type : Desoxycholate
UNSPSC Code : 41116130
Volume : 0.5 mL