BD BD BBL Reagent Dropper India Ink 0.5 mL - 261194
Dropper, India Ink (50/Pk)
Fall Discount: Use code FALL5 for 5% OFF Total Purchase
Free Shipping Orders Over $100
Most Items Ship in 1-2 Business Days
Questions? Speak with a specialist!
Chat with us!
This item requires 3-5 Business Days to process and prepare for shipping.
- Visualization of cryptococcal polysaccharide capsules capsular material of cryptococci displaces the colloidal carbon particles of the ink so that the capsule appears as a clear halo around the microorganisms against a black background.
- Used to stain pus, exudate, tissue, sputum and sediment of centrifuged urine and cerebral spinal fluid (csf) specimens
- Particularly useful for csf specimens because cryptococcus neoformans is the most common cause of fungal central nervous system (cns) infections
- Appearance of encapsulated yeast forms in an india ink smear from csf is diagnostic for cryptococcal meningitis
- Positive (a 48-h culture of Cryptococcus neoformans ATCC 36556), negative (Candida albicans ATCC 10231) and stain (1 drop India ink + 1 drop sterile saline) controls should be run simultaneously with the organism or specimen being tested, Examine the reagent for signs of deterioration
Stock # : 481017
Manufacturer # : 261194
Brand : BD BBL
Manufacturer : BD
Application : Reagent Dropper
Container Type : Dropper Ampule
For Use With : For Staining Applications
Format : Liquid
Type : India Ink
UNSPSC Code : 41116130
Volume : 0.5 mL